Splitboard.it

Novità, tecnica, materiali e parole sulle splitboard
Oggi è 29/03/2024, 13:40

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Dolomiti questo inverno
MessaggioInviato: 07/11/2016, 12:20 
Non connesso

Ciao, mi chiamo Kahti e vengo da Scozia.

Ho intenzione di trascorrere l'inverno nelle Dolomiti, vevere nel mio camper e forse cercare lavori quando parlo megliore Italiano.

Vorrei conoscere gli compagni per splitboarding, arrampicata (de roccia e de ghiaccio) e alpinismo, o anche solo amici di snowboard su piste.

Sono en Austria en questo momento, ma arrivera in Italia la prossima settimana.

Dimmi se vorresti incontrarsi!

Parlo Inglese o Espagniole (cosi cosi), e vorrei practicare mio Italiano se hai molti pazienza!

Grazi e scusi per il mio cattivo Italiano!

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Dolomiti questo inverno
MessaggioInviato: 08/11/2016, 19:53 
Non connesso

Mitica, ciao Kahti benvenuta.
Purtroppo sarò in montagna solo di volata nei week end.
spero tu possa trovare in questo forum qualche più assiduo frequentatore di me.
cmq non appena arriverà la neve cercherò di avvertirti in che zona vado con qualche amico.

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 09/11/2016, 11:01 
Non connesso

Ciao benvenuto? benevenuta?

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 09/11/2016, 11:23 
Non connesso

tenete a bada gli ormoni....si tratta di un lui...

Hi K
dolomiti can be a ski bum friendly place, if you manage to find a spot in a parking lot far away from lifts and touristic destination (say Fedaia lake below Marmolada could be a perfect spot, or passo Staulanza below Pelmo).
There's many of us here on the forum splitboarding in this area, and I would be personally glad to go for a ride and eventually hook you up with some friends living and skiing in that area.
That said, if I were in your shoes I would look for a seasonal job in a hut or bar, check this out:
http://rifugiebivacchi.cailugo.it/Inside.cfm?area=OFFERTE&sezione=OFFRO
but that means that you'll likely spend more time working than skiing.....

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 09/11/2016, 19:41 
Non connesso

Grazie per la vostre risposte! Io scrivo in Inglese perche è molto dificile per me in Italiano...

So I arrived in the Dolomites today. Wow! Such amazing mountains!
It seems very unfriendly to campervans though! Couldn't find anywhere in val gardena without a "no campervan" sign and drove right the way over the pass and out past badia before I found somewhere to park!

Now I'm here I think I will continue on to Cortina tomorrow and then do a loop round to val di fassa in the next few days, just to see the whole area and hopefully find somewhere more camper friendly to base myself. Would love to hear any ideas or tips on where to go!

@alex1: thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out, hopefully i can find somewhere kinda close to civilization, as i'm not a total hermit! As for jobs I would ideally like to find something part time, but I think it will be very difficult until I've learnt some Italian, the same for even full time jobs at refugi?

Let me know when you're coming to the mountains and let's go shred something! Otherwise if I end up in Bozen sometime would be cool to go for a beer or whatever!

@Amen Mi dispiace, io sono un raggazo :)

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 10/11/2016, 9:43 
Non connesso

I guess this weekend will be the last one for me on fat weels, and then i'll switch to snow-mode....so maybe next weekend we could organize something.
in the meantime, below you can find some parkings for campers (mostly placed on passes, but the silver lining is that they are free):
-Pordoi pass: theorically free until the lift opens. big parking in front of the lift (THE lift! ya know what i mean....)
-Falzarego Pass: free
-Lavaze pass: free
-Dobbiacco: close to tha kids playground, free
-Brunek: there are 3 or more camper areas (not free thought) with services in town, it's a really nice town and a strategical place to reach all dolomites. i would suggest you to go for it.
check this out:
http://www.camperonline.it/aree-sosta-camper.asp?nazione=Italia&regione=Trentino%20Alto%20Adige

in the meantime if you fancy skiing, you can start here:
- Marmolada: you need to hike on boots the first 500/600 meters, but conditions on the top are not bad. you'll find many weirdos in skinsuit already training for the season there, even during the week. look out for holes, not many, but there are some...
-Solda, Stelvio and ValSenales: good conditions on slopes, still pretty dangerous on backcountry terrain, cause the first snow covered some of the open crevasses

cheers
alex

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 14/11/2016, 7:27 
Non connesso

Hi Kathi

see also the app park4night

see you in the mountains and have a good trip

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora