Splitboard.it

Novità, tecnica, materiali e parole sulle splitboard
Oggi è 19/04/2024, 22:17

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: splitting in kyrgyzstan!
MessaggioInviato: 17/08/2010, 0:40 
Non connesso

Greetings! Saluti amici!

Forgive the English post! I speak Chinese and some Spanish, Russian and Kyrgyz...but no Italian. :mmmmm:

We are 2 years into the development of a community-supported backcountry ski touring and avalanche education program in rural Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia. The project was founded by a group of splitboarders from Colorado, USA, so we're excited to spread the word to Italian splitters via this site.

You can check us out at 40 Tribes Backcountry, http://www.fortytribesbackcountry.com/p/index.html.

Kyrgyzstan is literally halfway around the world from the US, but quite accessible from many points in Europe.

First and foremost, we are looking to network with EU-based skiers/riders who have been to Kyrgyzstan or anywhere else in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, etc), and invite them to the 40 Tribes Forum to share about their adventures. There are a few other forums out there (diesel.kg, risk.ru, etc), but they are for Russian-speaking users only. Ours is the only universal forum, and because there’s such limited information available on skiing in this part of the world, we are really excited about developing this resource.

Second, if you love to travel to far-off places to ski/ride, you should know that our huts are open for self-guided stays!! :bow: We will have a yurt set up this season in the Lake Issyk Kol region (between Karakol and Dzerghalan - 2 known resort/heli skiing destinations), and it will be available to private groups of skiers/riders whenever a guided program is not taking place. Our village partners host the stays - i.e. they prepare traditional meals for the group, make tea, keep the fire while you’re out skiing, etc. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and an amazing way to connect with the local culture, not to mention the mountains.

Third, if you’re a qualified, English-speaking backcountry guide or avalanche educator, take a look at our Voluntourism Program and join us in Kyrgyzstan this coming winter to help us develop and run our first year of programs.

Finally, photos from Kyrgyzstan below!! Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you soon if you’re interested or if you’d like to know more.

Ryan Koupal
Colorado, USA
ryan@fortytribesbackcountry.com

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

More images here!

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: splitting in kyrgyzstan!
MessaggioInviato: 18/08/2010, 19:14 
Non connesso

Seems great, thank you. I might think about it for the future.

I moved the topic to the proper section.

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 22/09/2010, 9:19 
Non connesso

Those powder runs look sick ;)

I hope I can get there some day!

cheers

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 28/11/2011, 23:48 
Non connesso

Hey guys...need some infos from you. I make a splitting tour around the world quite every year, I need some informations about Kirghizistan. Thank you very much

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 29/11/2011, 23:45 
Non connesso

Località: Dolomiti (ogni tanto anche altri bei posti con belle montagne alte piene di powder)
Very interesting...why not a trip there? We could arrange it!

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 03/07/2012, 12:27 
Non connesso

mi rendo conto che con 38 gradi è difficile pensare all'inverno....
ma ho imparato che svegliarsi prima=risparmiare soldi
dunque, qualcuno sarebbe interessato ad un viaggio in kyrgyzstan il prossimo inverno?
alex

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora